Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Why Fear God?

"God has come only to test you, so that the fear of him may remain with you and preserve you form sinning." Ex. 20:20

Why is God all about us fearing HIM/HER (I am one of those who have not decide what gender they believe God is)? Fear does not necessarily bring love and respect. Sure you can get people to do things for you by intimidating them into doing it but that does not mean they truly care for you. For a being that is supposed to want our love, our hearts, our faith, or worship, our absolute no questions asked obedience, fear seems to be the wrong way to get it. It is not genuine if it comes from fear. It seems to me that it would be better and easier to get people to believe in you through loving them also. Not through trials and hardship. My thoughts are kind of scattered. Its my birthday so I have other things running through my head also but my point is why would SHE/HE want us to live in constant fear of HIM/HER?