Friday, September 14, 2007

Assertive Women

I think I like Ruth more than any other woman that has been mentioned so far in the bible. She is assertive, loyal, and not afraid to get her hands dirty. She is a brave woman who is willing to leave her family to follow her mother-in-law into a strange land and religion. She is not afraid to work when she has too and when she finds a man that she wants she is not afraid to let him know. She is a woman to be admired and respected. Although, she is a better woman than I am when she gives her son to her mother-in-law. I am surprised that this is actually in the bible considering that pretty my all of the other women are so submissive. It seems that this story would undermined that kind of thinking. I know that she is still to an extent a piece of property but at least she is trying to take charge of her life.