Friday, November 2, 2007

The cosmic battle for heaven

I've always wanted to comment about this topic because of my affinity for George Lucas and a few of his cohorts. After watching the new 'Star Wars' films for the first time since beginning this class, I began to notice the relation between the cult classic and religious stories. These similarities have been addressed before (by people much more educated on the subject than I), but I seem to be missing something....does Jesus play Luke Skywalker, or Anakin Skywalker? In the new movies, Anakin has no father...immaculate conception. However, during the original trio, Luke is always dressed in white--while he battles Darth Vader, a.k.a. Anakin Skywalker. I'm curious if the story writers neglected to pay attention to the fact Anakin would become the diabolical leader of the EVIL Empire or if Luke never 'manned-up' on his part of "The Chosen One"...My point in this little blab session is to prove people's poor attention span. If we as a species are supposedly 10 times more accomplished than the times that Jesus actually lived, then why are we overlooking simple details. Consider this....if a writer can lose the complete direction of a piece, then what could lead us to believe people in Biblical times were more aware???? Me confused.....