Monday, December 10, 2007

And also, I'm curious about the party details...

I've been meaning to post this for a while (since I believe this sign was brought up in class one day) and haven't had the chance.

"On my way back from pc today i passed a sign that said "go to church or the devil will get you." you can imagine my initial knee-jerk reaction, but you know, maybe they just got lazy and didn't have enough room to write: "its probably a good idea if you go to church because it provides a medium for introspection so you can examine your life and see if you are living up to your own morals and expectations and determine what changes you need to make to become a better person."but, you see, it takes up less space to write the former, so sometimes you just have to make things simpler. so now if i hear people say things like that or see signs and such i'll just smile and choose to think that they are only looking out for people."

My friend Lance wrote that one day, and I thought it was wonderful. I stopped being a Christian because of God and Jesus and started claiming Christianity for the exact reasons described above several years ago. For all the negative impacts our religous believes have on the world, there are definitely good things to find. Potluck dinners, lock-ins, a community in which one can participate, unconditional love... these are all things I've found through my church family.